WiPro III safe.lock
Wireless alarm system for motorhomes with control unit for central locking system
A wireless alarm system made just for you. Close the security gap in your Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer, Citroën Jumper or Iveco Daily.
At a glance
12 V / 24 V
easy add 3.0
Protection from replay attacks
With 4 billion rolling codes to provide reliable protection against vehicle access using a recorded ‘unlock’ signal and close the vehicle-side security gap
No need to deactivate sensors when inside vehicle, warning of open windows or roof vents via vent check function, anti-jamming function, warning of escaping gas (optional), alarm text message and locating via Pro-finder (optional)
Intuitive operation via the supplied wireless remote control or the converted vehicle remote control key (optional)
Can be installed and subsequently extended in Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer, Citroën Jumper and Iveco Daily models
The WiPro III safe.lock wireless alarm system offers reliable protection for your motorhome – even from replay attacks. It closes a security gap in the models Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer, Citroën Jumper and Iveco Daily from year of manufacture 2006. The system also features simple and intuitive operation. Modern wireless magnetic contacts adapt to different window frame models and secure the vehicle shell. Thus, no false alarms occur.
Well protected from replay attacks
WiPro III safe.lock provides effective protection against increasingly prevalent replay attacks. In a base vehicle with inadequate coding of the radio signals, attackers can record the ‘unlock’ signal of your original wireless remote control and use it later to access your vehicle. WiPro III safe.lock effectively prevents such replay attacks through the use of rolling codes. WiPro III safe.lock replaces the vehicle-side receiver and controls the central locking system. After a conversion with the safe.lock conversion circuit board (optional), you will be able to use your vehicle remote control safely again. WiPro III safe.lock also remains armed if the vehicle code is already known.
Replay attacks: Things you should know
The system that adapts to you
WiPro III safe.lock can be extended modularly and adapted to your needs. Thanks to the extensive range of radio accessories, the alarm system optimally meets every security requirement. It doesn’t matter if your vehicle is the smallest/largest in its class or a personalised collector’s item.
Simple and safe operation
The WiPro III safe.lock can be operated with the supplied wireless remote control. One button on the remote control switches silently, e.g. for night operation. The other button switches with a signal tone, e.g. when you leave the vehicle. In both cases, the central locking system is locked and the system armed or unlocked and disarmed. After conversion, you can safely use the vehicle’s remote control key again. Locking leads to automatic arming and unlocking to disarming. Through the safe.lock conversion board, this operation is secure thanks to the 4 billion rolling codes. You can also control your system via the Thitronik app in conjunction with the Pro-finder.
Maximum security – without motion detectors
WiPro III safe.lock monitors the shell of your vehicle, not just the interior space. In case of danger, it reacts faster and more reliably than systems based on motion detectors. This rules out false alarms. You can also activate the system when you are inside your motorhome. This way, you protect what is most important: yourself and your fellow travellers.
Wireless versus motion detectors
The system that pays attention
You think of everything before setting out: closing the windows, retracting the step and folding down the satellite dish. And if you happen to forget to close the roof vents, the WiPro III helps you out. It carries out a pre-departure check with the vent check function. The system recognises open wireless magnetic contacts when the ignition is started and informs you. This protects you and your vehicle from damage to roof hatches, for example.
Subsequent installation and extension
Do you want to retrofit your vehicle with an alarm system or extend or adapt your security concept? No problem. WiPro III safe.lock can be installed as a retrofit. It works with wireless components and can be extended modularly. The easy add function makes coupling of new wireless accessories easy. You can even save the trip to the garage. Also secure bikes, portable satellite dishes, surfboards or camping furniture with the radio cable loop, which is available as an accessory.
CAN bus function
CAN (controller area network) bus is the current standard for connections between control units in vehicles. As more and more electronic devices are found in automobiles, uniform communication between the devices is essential. The CAN bus is a unified network system that enables communication between the WiPro III and other electronic components. For example, the WiPro III can evaluate signals from original wireless remote controls and wireless magnetic contacts. The CAN bus is installed in all common base vehicles built in 2006 or later. This option can only be retrofitted by qualified personnel.
Alarm text message to smartphone
In combination with Pro-finder, WiPro III safe.lock can send alarm text messages to up to 10 recipients.. The alarm text already contains the coordinates of your vehicle. Thus, if an incident occurs, you are quickly informed and can locate your vehicle with the GPS integrated in the Pro-finder. You can control your alarm system with your smartphone via the Thitronik app in conjunction with the Pro-finder.
Thitronik App: an attractive security enhancement
36-month warranty on our regional product
We are committed to our region and our environment. That’s why the entire production chain is situated in our home region. In this way, we minimise carbon emissions due to unnecessary transport and strengthen the region. We cooperate with regional suppliers, produce, program, test and package our products in Eckernförde on the Baltic Sea. We stand behind our products and provide a 36-month warranty on the WiPro III.
Scope of delivery
- WiPro III safe.lock
- Central control unit with integrated siren
- Wireless remote control 868 (with sound / mute)
- Wireless magnetic contact 868 black
- Status LED
- Connection cable
- Quick guide
- mounting materials
- Alarm sticker
- Article number
- Power supply
- 12 V or 24 V
- Standby current draw
- approx. 11 mA @ 12 V (standby)
- 868,35 MHz
- Wireless range (in free space)
- up to 75 m
- Sound pressure
- approx. 102dB
- 100x26x68 mm
- 90 g (central control unit)
- Housing protection rating
- IP 40
- What is the ‘vent check’ (9 short signal tones that sound when you turn the ignition key)?
- Will the original key still work after installation of a safe.lock product?
- How can I have my vehicle key converted?
- How can I protect myself from replay attacks without having to install a WiPro III safe.lock alarm system?
- What happens with the vehicle’s remote control key (flip key)?
- How does the upgrade of an existing WiPro III work?
- What is the danger of a replay attack?
- Which vehicles are affected by the security gap?
- My vehicle is no longer affected – why should I continue using the conversion board?
- What can I do about false alarms?
- How can I convert a vehicle key?
- What is a CAN bus and does Thitronik intervene in the CAN bus?
- Which serial numbers should I enter – I am not aware of any!?
- What is the ventilation function (9 short signal tones during arming)?
- Can I replace the batteries in wireless components myself?
- What happens if the battery in a wireless component is nearly dead (signal tone sounds for 5 seconds when component is actuated)?
- How long do the batteries / button cells in the wireless components last?
- Can I install the WiPro myself?
- What are the DIP switch settings for the different base vehicles?
- Can I still extend my WiPro? And what does easy-add mean?
- Why does WiPro do away with motion detectors?
- For which vehicles is there a WiPro III and what should be considered?
- What do the different signal tones on my WiPro III mean?